tisdag 17 april 2012

THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION/WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY VLP 9199 (-68) UK MONO

One of those legendary albums that's been dissected down to smallest particle, so there's not much I can add here. It was issued in different versions depending on time and place. I can only speak for this UK first "heavily censured" press (although the "Velvet Underground" line is not fully cut out, just the "shitty" part) and as far as I can hear it's a different mix. Both the UK "Absolutely Free" and "Ruben And The Jets" monos were in some way altered to fit the English market and didn't sound like anything from US. I've only heard a US mono of this once and as I faintly remember it sounded like this, so it could be the US tapes straight on. First UK press had label as shown here and fully laminated fold/out cover with flips and "cut-out" insert. (ZÄP*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar